A day in the life of...

...the inner rumblings.

Monday, August 04, 2008

letting off the hook

who posted? Kristine |

I love how God doesn't give up on me. I love that He constantly has lessons for me, He's constantly teaching and leading me. He's constantly refining me. I love that despite the storm, despite the questions, despite the valley's...He's still there, walking with me, holding my hand, guiding and showing me specific things I need to see, at the right time. this...is what relationship with Jesus is all about.


I am in the journey and Jesus is speaking to my heart. He knows my name, He knows my desires, He knows my needs. after many months of questions, unsettlement...there are answers at the end of the tunnel. He is confirming the subtle desires, questions of my heart.

I think there is an element of holding ourselves to a certain standard, to impressing those around us to a point, there is a need to prove ourselves. we feel like if we're not doing specific things, or holding specific positions, our value is diminished. we think that if we respond wrong or handle a relationship poorly, God will somehow remove his grace, remove His love for us.

this is a lie the Father is tearing down in me, in my head, in my heart. my value is not in what I do, where I go, who I work for, what position I have. its not in who I date, in what ministry I'm a part of, in what charity I support. my value is simply, simply, in the fact that I am a child of Jesus. He created me to love me and to be loved by me. He created me to worship Him, to love others well and to love life. thats it. if I can't find my contentment in this simplicity, I have work to do. 

I've let myself off the hook. I'm tearing down the misconceptions that I have to "be" something special, that I have to impress or prove myself. I'm soaking. I'm being loved. I'm resting.

1 responses:

Dorothy Bowen Klass said...

Wonderfully true. We were once again amazed by His love as we read Isaiah 43 in our devotions this morning. Incredible....unbelievable....

I enjoyed reading your blog...good stuff.

Subscribe