A day in the life of...

...the inner rumblings.

Friday, December 19, 2008

the busted hip won't win!

who posted? Kristine |

so, you know that whole hip surgery deal back in August? well, I refuse to let it win. I'm at month 4 and still not 100%, but hey, it is month 4 right?

monday I went for my first run since surgery. it was short and it was sweet, but it was a run none-the-less. and frankly, it didn't feel too bad. then, I got sick for a few days, so haven't run since, but oh, do I intend to!!

the idea of never running distance again just about kills me. no more marathons or half's? not ok. I must. and yet, I also realize I may just need to let it go all together at some point. but for now, I'm not quite ready. not at least until I try a few more runs and decide its never to be.

for now, I'll keep working towards it, keep building miles, keep adding a bit of speed...slowly, I know! but I will be persistent. the surgery won't win on this one. no sir, it won't.

and, if anyone has suggestions for quick recovery of my running schedule, I'm all ears! :)

1 responses:

Sabrina said...

Hi Kris, I found your site and thought I'd say hi. :) I wish I was a runner so I could give you all kinds of advice, oh how I wish, but I'm not. Hope you're back to normal soon!

Subscribe