A day in the life of...

...the inner rumblings.

Monday, December 15, 2008

to post or not to post?

who posted? Kristine |

my fear in actually posting this, is that my uncles will disown me! :) and that perchance, my cousins will show up on the front door step to beat me or worse, stone me?!

when I first got here, dad warned me, "grandma can fall for anyone, you included. so, just be prepared." right. of course. I know this. sure it could happen, but I just won't let it! mmhmm.

and before I even describe the events of this marvelous afternoon, I just need to tell you that last week, grandma thought I was awesome! dad asked her if I was taking good enough care of her and she says, "oh yes!" and so dad asked what specifically that meant. she replied, "because she gives me everything I want!"

I, was in her good graces.

so today...

grandma got up from her nap, went to the restroom and we were making the trek to her rocking chair in the living room. we got up to the chair and were about to do the swivel to get her in place, but there was a pillow on her chair that needed to be moved before she could sit down. so, I took a step in front of her, and to her right, and reached for the pillow. as I did this, she started to lean and lean and lean some more...to her left. and from there, straight to the ground! laughing, the whole way down. I however, wasn't laughing! I was shaking, convinced we were about to break the good hip that was used to provide stability, strength and all mobility!

so, I yelled for dad and he helped her get up. once she was up, I said, "grandma, that wasn't fun! lets not ever do that again, I'm shaking!" she chuckled and said, "I thought it was fun!!"

she's fine, nothing was broken, except perhaps my pride.

and grandpa?? well, you'd never know he had high BP and was saying his goodbyes just a few days ago. he's up, he's chipper, he's eating, he's back helping get grandma situated the way he thinks she should be. he's just fine, so it seems.

what a life we live!

0 responses:

Subscribe