A day in the life of...

...the inner rumblings.

Saturday, January 01, 2011

The end of an era...

who posted? Kristine |

01.01.11

Heaven is rejoicing...today, Grandma went to be with Jesus. After a few days of difficult breathing, not much eating or drinking, she let go and was free of this life and moved to the next.

My heart is so grateful for the last moments I had with her, singing to her, telling her how much she means to me, reminding her of the ways she encouraged, challenged and prayed for me. And, the answers to those prayers. Telling her stories of the year we spent together, me caring for her in ways she couldn't care for herself. Such good, good memories. And, when I was finished crying and talking, she quietly mouthed, "thank you." Those were her last words in this life.

I am so overwhelmingly blessed to have such a wise, godly woman as my grandmother, as an example and a giant of faith and life.

I'll miss you so much, Grandma. But I will always cherish the conversations, the memories, the moments I've had with you the past 30 years. I know you are at peace and so excited to be with Jesus. And, I'm incredibly happy that you are finally Home. I love you.

1 responses:

Anonymous said...

I so enjoyed reading your grandma post! Thanks for posting that. Keith Miller

Subscribe