A day in the life of...

...the inner rumblings.

Friday, April 11, 2008

the 88th day...

who posted? Kristine |


sister has been blogging regularly now for a few months and as I was scrolling through hers, and others blogs, I thought it might be a good therapy for me as well!

the day is gloomy, the sky is low, the snow is resting a couple hundred feet up the mountain while rain falls quietly and lightly down in the city. its Juneau. and, its a typical, damp, political day, this 88th day of the 25th Legislative Session.

we're down to the wire. the politicians continue hammering out who gets what, what money goes where, and who will side with who on which project. its what we call "normal" in these parts. offers are given, deals are made and unfortunately, backs are stabbed.

and, we continue to call it normal.

what happened to integrity, honor, respect, honesty and a desire to do whats best for the people of Alaska?

there is cynicism, there is frustration and yes, there is weariness in the tone.

I'm ready to be done. I want to go home to my red walls.

1 responses:

NomadatHeart said...

Wahooo!!! Here you are finally!!! It's awesome! I love it! And I love to read what you write. May I add you to my sidebar??

Subscribe