A day in the life of...

...the inner rumblings.

Sunday, March 01, 2009

an attempt at fixing the negligence...

who posted? Kristine |

I know. its been awhile. quite awhile. but, what can I say, a lot has been happening...a lot.

update on grandma first though. she's been slowing down a fair amount, still walking, still talking, but just slower. tonight, when I took her to the restroom, and asked the standard question, "would you like to sit a little?" instead of a simple yes or no, she said, "you decide." hmm. "but grandma, I'm not sure what you need. what does your tummy say?" "my tummy says you should decide." :) I love her. a lot.

and...on the way out of the bedroom from her afternoon nap...she catches site of grandpa in the kitchen and is completely taken, watching him off to her right, and not watching at all where she's going. at this season of life, its not really a good thing for her to walk without watching where she's going because she leans wherever she's looking! grandpa chuckles and tells her to watch where she's going. I asked her if she was distracted by a handsome man. "yes, he's important. I was distracted by an important man." she's so in love. I love watching them sit in the living room, holding hands, just looking at eachother, without saying a word. its priceless really.

they're good. its a rich time to get to be with them. life is slow. they're at peace. they're enjoying these last days together.

where have I been? growing, learning, stretching, resting, enjoying, experiencing, anticipating, receiving...and well, traveling. three weeks in Colorado, which my heart loves. a week in Pennsylvania and a week in DC. CO was full of training, intensity, depth, healing, growth and fulfillment. PA was an awesome week of wedding coordinating and DC...well, DC was an adventure, full of unknowns, excitement, anticipation and new relationship! a week that won't be soon forgotten. yes, there is so, so much more to each of these as you can imagine, but I've decided that it will have to come in pieces...as I am able to put them into words. as my heart is ready to spill. so, you'll have to wait. or, you could email me. thats always an option.

until then...life is good. really good. there is peace. there is vision. there is excitement. there are unknowns. there is grace. lots of grace.

0 responses:

Subscribe