A day in the life of...

...the inner rumblings.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

its snoining...

who posted? Kristine |

what do you get when it rains and snows at the same time? snoin. its snoining. I want to go home.


its the 90th day and they did it. they finished "on time." today that meant, 1pm for both bodies. the House gaveled in today at 9:37am and the Senate at 11am. it all ended relatively quietly, without a hitch. afterwards, you could hear staffers in the hallways and stairwells, huddled in small "bands," singing and making music. quite the tradition.

I'm exhausted. this has been quite the process. educational? yes, quite. interesting? yes, at times. fun? um. maybe. maybe at times. the most rewarding piece? my staff. I have the best staff in the whole world. they are efficient, they are timely, they are educated and they are just plain good at what they do. I love them. I will miss them. I won't miss the snoin, but I will miss my staff. if only I could take them to Anchorage with me, the world would be a beautiful place. but, since I can't, I'll just come back to see them. often.

tonight I sat in a very small, somewhat dark pub, right on the water, alone. its gloomy. its melancholy. its lonely. its a lonely town. but when the sun shines? look out world. this town makes you feel as if you can do almost anything. but today, there was no sun.

the time is short, the time is near. the ferry docks in Auke Bay Wednesday morning, bright and early and off to Haines we go. from there, I'll drive the crazy road home.

I'm still not entirely sure what God's purpose has been in having me here during this time. I know there is one. I'm confident. has it been to simply be a light in the Capitol? to let Jesus be Jesus in me? has it been to be a smile to someone who is frustrated, upset and completely disillusioned with the process? is it to give tours to school kids coming through, wanting to know what Government is all about? was it to encourage fellow home schoolers coming through the Capitol, that they are and can get a good healthy education from mom? is it to be an encouragement to my staff? or...was it for me, was it for stretching, for trust, to learn faith, to take another step down the path of believing that God really does indeed have AWESOME plans for me, that HE has created me for specific, unique thing?

I'm not sure.

and that's ok.

2 responses:

Anonymous said...

you have no idea how happy it makes me to read your blog...

NomadatHeart said...

yup. what she said. your blog makes me VERY happy.

Subscribe