A day in the life of...

...the inner rumblings.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

come in, have a seat, grab some coffee...

who posted? Kristine |

I decided it was time for a new template. so, I do what I know to do and start searching the interweb for free templates for my blog. turns out, there are plenty. so, I find the one I love the most, follow the directions for entering an HTML template, but not minding the part about "if you don't want to lose the information from your current template, please download and save to your desktop for future use." didn't think I needed it?!

so, I click on my blog site and happy with what I see, I start trying to figure out how to make edits, how to change the side bar, how to add new posts, how to organize it all. I'm completely locked out and unable to do anything to my blog. no edits, no changes, no new posts. hmm, no idea. so, I change my status on facebook, asking for help! but, no help arrives!? where are all my web genius friends?!!! they've left me!! how will anyone ever find my blog if this one dies and I have to start a new one?? do I have to start from scratch?? now what??

I slept on it. and that was a smart idea.

this morning, I get up and think, "I wonder what might happen if I just type in "blogspot.com", maybe I can re-log in or something. turns out, when I typed that in, it takes me directly to my editing dashboard! ha! yesss! I'm a happy girl, a very happy girl. not only do I have my red couch that I love, I now have access to making changes on my blog, my very sweet, new RED blog, mind you!

oh the things I worry about?!! :)

3 responses:

Anonymous said...

ooh I like the new template. :)
Glad your blog didn't die, too!

Kristine said...

thanks! me too! especially the red couch and pipi long stockings up in the corner. I didn't notice her at first. :)

NomadatHeart said...

Oh my. When I read your post I was only looking at it in my mail, so I couldn't see the red couch and I was envious because I thought you really got a red couch!!! :o) Then I moved to the great WWW and saw the couch and Pipi. Very, very cute!! I've thought of changing but I'm so afraid I'll loose everything!! And I have a lot to loose. :o( Anyway, I'm so glad you're back!! c.

Subscribe